Sunday, October 18, 2015

Shakespear's Beatrice Collins

My boy put me on to Shakespear awhile back and I might have seen him perform in Newark at some point but I'm not too sure. I could always tell he had talent but I've never been a fan. Today I went to my Soundcloud like I usually do to find a podcast to listen to for my commute to work and strangely there was none. So I go to the top of the Stream and see he just dropped a mixtape. I go through them and I actually like three joints which I'm sharing.
I think these songs can really do something for him. I, myself get a Wale vibe to this mixtape. The thing that I think gets in the way of me liking him more is his metaphors are misplaced and sometimes hickups his flow. Don't get me wrong I'm a old head and love metaphors but it shouldn't be forced and I think he had a metaphor quota per verse or bar even. But like the rainbow: Don't take my word for it...

No comments:

Post a Comment